The AC sweep feature is a frequency analysis of a periodic system. It uses the steady-state determination algorithm to compute the transfer function of a periodic system at different frequencies of a user-defined frequency sweep range. For each frequency, the following steps are performed:
- apply the (sinusoidal) AC sweep perturbation (see figure below to add this component in the circuit) to the periodic system,
- determine the steady-state operation of this perturbed system,
- compute the system response at this perturbation frequency.
AC Sweep is currently in public beta. Some performance and accuracy issues remain to be addressed, especially when the perturbation frequency is close to the switching frequency.
The perturbation frequencies are defined by specifying:
- the frequency sweep range with the start and the end-frequency,
- the sweep type: linear or logarithmic,
- the start and the end-magnitude of the sinusoidal perturbation,
- the number of points within this range.
Once executed, the transfer function between the perturbation signal and each scope enabled in the design is then available in the Results tab.
The AC Sweep is entirely accessible from the Python API to automate transfer function analysis.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23